Raspberry Jam slice
This recipie can be modified to utilise any jam that you have available in your pantry and the kids love it.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup raspberry jamor any jam of your choice.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 24cm x 29.5cm (base) lamington pan.
- Process flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg and vanilla. Process to form a dough.
- Press dough into base of prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Spread jam over warm base.
- Whisk remaining eggs and remaining 1/2 cup sugar
together. Stir in coconut. Spread over jam. Bake for 25 minutes, or
until golden. Cool completely in pan. Cut into pieces. Serve