Preparation Time - 20 min
Cooking Time - 15 min
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- Plain flour, to dust
- 115g (1/3 cup) your favourite jam.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift flour over the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Use lightly floured hands to roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on the prepared trays, about 5cm apart. Use a lightly floured finger to make an indentation in the centre of each ball. Spoon 1/2 tsp of jam into the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until the biscuits are cooked through and light golden. Remove biscuits from the oven. Set aside on trays for 30 minutes to cool completely.