- 1.5kg (53oz) of oranges and grapefruit
- 4 lemons
- 9 cups of water
- 3kg (6.6lb) white sugar
- Wash the fruit and pare off the rinds.
- Cut the rinds into small strips.
- Remove pith and pips and place in muslin bag.
- Chop the fruit.
- Soak rind and flesh overnight in water with pith and pips.
- Transfer to large pan and simmer for 1 to 2 hours or until the peel is soft.
- Remove the muslin bag.
- Warm the white sugar; add to the cooked fruit and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook at a fast rate until setting point is reached.
- Allow to cool slightly and then pour into warm, sterilised jars. Seal.