2 Tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup cooked and mashed pumkin
2.5 cups of self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup milk.
- Beat butter and sugar to a cream.
- Add mashed pumpkin and mix well.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift flour, ginger, salt, cinamon and nutmeg together.
- Fold dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternatively with the milk to make a moist dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and kneed slightly.
- Press out to a 2.5 cm thickness.
- Cut out with cutter or a glass if u do not have a cutter.
- Place onto a slightly greased tray starting and the centre and working outwards. Make sure your scones are just touching each other.
- Brush with a little milk.'Bake in a hot oven for 10 - 12 min or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with a bit of jam or a dolup of sour cream.