Basic Scone dough
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter
200 ml milk
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl
- Rub butter in with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre
- Gradually add the milk and mix with a knife to form a moist dough.
- Turn out onto a floured board a
- Press out to about 2.5 cm thickness.
- Cut out circles with a cutter or a wine glass.
- Place finished scone into the centre of the tray and work outwards with each scone making sure scones tough each other.
- Glaze with a zizzle of milk
- Bale in a hot oven for 10 - 12 min. Or place them into the camp oven for a treat when camping.
- When cooked tap scone on the base, like bread it will sound hollow. Then you know they are aready.
- Serve immediately with you favourite jam or golden syrup and a dollup of cream.
- Cover the remainders in a tea towel and devour when cold.