Recipe taken from
Madame Thermomix’s Steamed Pudding
Based on a traditional recipe from The Pudding Club Book as blogged in Kitchen Delights and adapted for Thermomix first by ThermoHubby in his Tongham Tasters’ Wine Blog after delighting me with it as part of my annual 8-course Valentine’s dinner – after all, there are 8 letters in “I Love You”!
Thinly peeled zest of one lemon and one lime (this is ThermoHubby’s addition and it really lifts the flavour of the pudding)
120 g sugar
120 g butter
120 g plain flour
Golden Syrup or Karo Dark Corn Syrup
Banana slices and Caramel
… use your imagination!
Juice of half a lemon
Cream or Thermomix Custard
- Place lemon and lime zest in Thermomix bowl and weigh in sugar. I use unrefined Demerara sugar but granulated or caster sugar will do. Grind 20 seconds/Speed 8.
- Weigh in butter, mix 5 seconds/Speed 5. Insert Butterfly whisk. Cream for 3 minutes/Speed 4 or until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and weigh in flour. Whisk 1 minute/Speed 4. That’s it! You’re now ready to fill and steam your moulds.
- Butter one large pudding bowl or up to 6 individual Dariol moulds and place a generous teaspoon of flavouring in the bottom such as Golden Syrup. Fill moulds no more than 2/3 full with batter. Place in the bottom of the Varoma steamer and steam 25 minutes over about a litre of water.
- Turn puddings out onto individual plates (careful, they’re hot!). Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over and top with a bit more Golden Syrup, Marmalade or whatever other flavouring you’ve used and enjoy with a glass of sweet wine, a cup of tea or coffee, or why not a glass of Champagne.