6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups of self raising flour
- Beat butter abd sugar to a cream
- Add lightly beaten egg and vanilla and beat together well.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Take teaspoonfulls of mixture ad roll into balls.
- Place on greased trays -allow room for spreasing.
- make a hollow in each ball with the end of the wooden spoon or your finger.
- Place a little jam in each hollow.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 10 - 15 min
- Allow to cool on tray