Spiced Blackberry Jam
- 2kg (5lb) blackberries
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 8cm (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 2kg (5lb) white sugar
- Place the blackberries in a large saucepan or preserving pan with the water and cinnamon stick and cook on low heat until they are soft.
- Warm white sugar in a a low oven and stir into the blackberries until dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and cook rapidly until setting point is reached (about 15 minutes).
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Pour the jam into warm sterilised jars and seal.