Its filling and the sweetness of the desert comes from the fresh fruits. If you wish you can substitute coconut milk for whole milk.
3/4 cup Sago or Tapioca
2 cups Coconut milk
1 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Soak Sago in cocnut milk and water for approx one hour.
- After 1 hour heat the sago and coconut and water mixture in a saucepan bringing it to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring continuously for 10 - 15 minutes or until the sago becomes translucent. Remover from heat and place into a bowl.
- Add your favourite topping be it jam, fresh fruit or a syrup of your choice.
- Refrigerate until slightly cooled and serve.
- Refridgerate remainder sage for a refreshing snack.
Serves 4 easily.