I used store bought puff pastry.
Morello sour cherries - pitted
Arrowroot (or cornflour)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Drain the cherries and reserve the juice. Place juice into a saucepan and add approx 2 TB of arrowroot power. Mix so there are no lumps. If you have a sweet tooth you can add sugar at this point to your taste, as cherries are quite sour for some. The desert topping ( ie crean, custard or ice cream bring sweetness to the dish)
- Line your bake wear with greasefroof paper or grease the container.
- Place cherries into saucepan and heat gently. The mixture will thicken in approx 1 - 2 min. Continue to stir constantly.
- The sauce will change to a darker colour and thicken quickly.
- When the mixture is the right thickness (like a thick jam) pour into prepared dish over the pastry.
- Trim away excess pastry.
- Place in oven @180 degrees celcius for approx 30 min or until puff pastry golden and beautiful.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. The centre of the pie will thicken as it cools.
- Enjoy with your fave topping.