Yum Yum. Gozleme. Time to get back to some rustic cooking.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 600g (4 cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 410ml (12/3 cups) warm water
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 250g feta, finely grated
- 100g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 4 shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 6 cups (1 bunch) finely shredded silverbeet leaves
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add water and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix until a dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover and set aside overnight to rest.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll out 1 portion on a lightly floured surface to a 45 x 20cm rectangle.
- Combine feta, ricotta, shallot and silverbeet in a bowl. Top one half of the dough with one-sixth of the feta mixture, leaving a 3cm border. Fold in half to enclose the filling. Use a rolling pin to seal the edges. Repeat with remaining dough and feta mixture.
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate on medium-low. Drizzle
over a little remaining oil. Cook 2-3 gözleme, drizzling over a little
remaining oil, for 5 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat, in 2
more batches, with the remaining gözleme and oil. Cut into slices.