- 200g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g (1 2/3 cups) plain flour
- 85g (1/4 cup) Strawberry OR Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
- Sift half the flour over the butter mixture. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting action to stir until just combined. Add the remaining flour and stir until it forms moist clumps. Gather the dough together and turn onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll one portion between two sheets of baking paper to form a 5mm-thick disc. Use a 5cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut out 18 discs. Place pastry discs on 1 lined tray. Use a fork to lightly prick.
- Roll out the remaining dough and use a 5cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut out 18 discs. Use a 2cm-diameter fluted pastry cutter to cut a small hole in the centre of each disc. Place discs with holes on the remaining lined tray.
- Bake biscuits in oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside on the trays to cool.
- Spread each whole biscuit evenly with jam. Sandwich together with the remaining biscuits and serve.